What is relationship anxiety? As you all know, relationship can be one of the most pleasurable things on the planet; however, it can also be a breeding ground for anxious thoughts and feelings. According Ph.D. Susan Heitler – a professional relationship counselor – anxiety, worrying, and fearfulness can block the ability to enjoy comfortable relationships. Anxiety undermines a sense of confidence and personal power, and relationship anxiety potentially arises at pretty much any stage of courtship.
What causes anxiety in your relationship? So many things can bring on anxiety in relationships; mysteriously, it arrives, like a sudden fog on a clear day, and hangs on far too long. The feeling can be seriously unpleasant; and believe us, it’s a feeling that most people want to get rid of as soon as possible. For example, when people start dating, the early stages can present them with endless worries: ‘Does he like me?‘ ‘Will this relationship work out?‘ Terribly, these worries don’t tend to subside in the later stages of a romantic union. In fact, anxiety can get even more intense: ‘Can this relationship last?‘ ‘Do I really like him?‘ ‘Is he losing interest?‘
All the worries can make you feel alone. It can lead you to create distance between yourself and your partner. How to deal with relationship anxiety? Here are five ways that can help you control the anxiety and allow yourself to be vulnerable to someone you love, take a look:
- Exercise anxiety reduction strategies – anxiety is still anxiety, and the effective anxiety reduction method can help control the way you feel. Exercise is the easiest and most powerful anxiety treatment for controlling anxiety symptoms.
- Start over – if the trust for your partner is gone, you should tell him about starting over completely. Trust is about building a foundation, and it needs to be grown from the ground up.
- Exchange needs – frequently make conversations with the partner about each other’s needs. Do you best to complete things the other half wants, and don’t expect them to do any of your list.
- Stay mentally busy as much as possible
- Be physically affectionate
By following the tips in the “What is relationship anxiety” subject, you are able to overcome relationship anxiety. Send us your questions the box (if any)!