Breaking up with someone that you used to love madly is not an easy task. It may leave hurt feeling and bruised egos for both of you. However, most people want to be the one who brings a bad relationship to an end rather than being dumped. In fact, even if you want to say goodbye to your current lover, it’s quite difficult to tell ‘it’s over’ in front of him (or her). So, how to end a relationship peacefully? No one can make sure that the whole breakup process will go smoothly or not. Well, obviously, you have no idea how the partner is going to react when hearing the news. That’s right, essentially breaking up is a lose-lose situation.
It would be more difficult if you decide to end the relationship without having the other’s agreement. Once he (or she) knows the situation, it can be filled with anger, sadness, confusion, and frustration. Therefore, you should handle the issue with care and lots of thought…here are a few tips can help you peacefully break up with your partner:
- Location – If you have a feeling ‘that person’ will be angry or aggressive with the news you soon share, it’s a good idea to meet him (or her) at a public place, such as a mall, restaurant, department store, coffee shop, etc. The real challenge is delivering ‘terrible news’ to your partner. Never choose one of your favorite places where you two used to spend time dating there as both will be reminded of the breakup every single time you go there.
- Say it straight – We recommend you to break up in person; it means you should say the news face-to-face. Don’t ask your friends or family’s members to deliver this situation to your partner since it’s you two’s private stuff. When approaching the topic, please say calmly and rationally, as well as not announce the breakup news in the middle of the conversation (argument or physical altercation). Keep checking the partner’s expression to know whether he (or she) is going to feel hurt, confused, angry, or rejected. This news shouldn’t be delivered via phone, email, or text message.
- Do not blame – To end your relationship peacefully, you need to stop blaming the partner for ruining the love flame. Say that you don’t have the same connection with her/him as before. Additional, remind the partner that there’s nothing wrong with her/him since the breakup is no one’s fault…it’s just happened. What is the best thing that you can do during this tough moment? Stop thinking about everything the partner has done wrongly; instead, your diplomacy will show her/him that the time you two spent together was really something.
- Stay positive – Lastly, wish your partner good luck and hope her/him could find a perfect lover in the future. Say that you only want good things for both of you as well as explain that she (or he) will always be a special person in your heart, but don’t forget to move on and grow up. Don’t change your mind just because you feel sad and disappointed, ok?
Do you have any question related to the “How to End a Relationship Peacefully” subject? Feel free to send them to us!
- how to break up from a relationship early without hurting the other partner
- how to end a relationship peacefully